Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party: A Disney Parent’s Guide to Not-So-Scary fun!
Disclosure: I was provided tickets to attend the event by Disney, but all opinions are my own.
What is Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, the specially ticketed event also includes trick-or-treating, greetings with characters in Halloween costumes, the Happy HalloWishes fireworks display and more! Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party takes place select nights Aug. 16- Nov. 1, 2019, at Walt Disney World Resort.
Here are 13 fun facts about this year’s event:
- 2019 marks 25 fantastically fun years of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party with 34 event nights.
- NEW! At Pirates of the Caribbean, guests interact with live pirates who encourage everyone to be on the lookout for Gunpowder Pete, a scoundrel with an eye on the same treasure sought by Captain Jack Sparrow.
- NEW! The Mad Tea Party will take guests on a colorful teacup ride, as special lighting and other effects put a glowing nighttime spin on the attraction at night.
- NEW! Explorers visiting Space Mountain will hurtle through the blackness of deep space to the riffs of a hard-rockin’ soundtrack.
- NEW! Storybook Circus welcomes the Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam, a dance party featuring favorite Disney Junior characters, including Doc McStuffins and Timon from “The Lion Guard.”
- NEW! In Frontierland, prospector Cactus-Flower Cate rounds up youngsters for the Frontierland Costume Promenade, encouraging them to show off their costumes in a quest for the greatest treasure in the land – candy!
- The mischievous Sanderson Sisters from Disney’s “Hocus Pocus” return to the mortal world during the party for the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular stage show on the Castle Forecourt Stage.
- 176 individually themed, carved pumpkins adorn the balconies and windowsills of Main Street, U.S.A.
- A cast of 175 performers, float drivers, costumers, cosmetologists, decorators and maintenance cast members bring Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade to life, traveling 23 miles of parade route over the course of the season.
- Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade features event-exclusive characters, such as Dr. Facilier, Captain Barbosa, Oogie Boogie, the three hyenas from “The Lion King” – Shenzi, Banzai and Ed – plus three Hitchhiking Ghosts from The Haunted Mansion.
- The Happy HalloWishes fireworks spectacular is narrated by the Ghost Host from The Haunted Mansion and features many favorite Disney Villains who go trick-or-treating in the night sky.
- 999 Grim Grinning Ghosts enhance a not-too-spooky Halloween experience at The Haunted Mansion.
- More than 250 tons of candy, including 40 different kinds of brand-name candies, will be handed out to party guests at 14 tasty treat locations across the park.
It all adds up to zero tricks and countless treats that make Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party a memorable evening for all!
Advance tickets start at $79 for adults and $74 for children ages 3-9 (plus tax). Day-of tickets start at $85 for adults and $80 for children ages 3-9 (plus tax).
For a full list of event dates, visit MickeyHalloween.com. Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance, as space each night is limited. For more information, call (407) WDISNEY (934-7639).
Guests visiting in August or September can take advantage of a Walt Disney World Resort hotel room offer with discounts of up to 25%. For details, click here or visit DisneyWorld.com. Guests visiting in October, can take advantage of resort hotel discounts of up to 20%. For details, click here or visit DisneyWorld.com.